Our Culture | Ngāti Rangitanga
Strengthening cultural identity and whanaungatanga, deepening our knowledge and connection to our history, tikanga and kawa; celebrating our culture and inspiring purpose.
NGĀ WHĀINGA |
What does success look like?
- Every marae has, at least, 4 new kaikōrero and 4 kaikaranga who are equipped to uphold Ngāti Rangitanga
- 80% of Ngāti Rangi uri engaged in iwi Ngāti Rangitanga programmes access content at least bi-monthly, or attend wānanga to grow Ngāti Rangitanga at least quarterly
NGĀ POUPOU RAUTAKI | OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
What will we focus on to achieve our goals?
- Strengthen the understanding and connection of uri to their Ngāti Rangitanga
- Build confidence in identity and enable access to resources and events to support this
- Design, develop and implement a series of wānanga aimed at growing the paepae of each marae in Ngāti Rangi
- Develop a portal where Ngāti Rangi uri can access and learn about Ngāti Rangi kōrero, waiata and significant sites, such that they are able to fully participate when they are with Ngāti Rangi – whether that is at home or away